Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sandy's Easter Tag Swap

I had such fun making a special Easter swap for my partner Lisa. I fell in love with the little girl image I used for the front of my tag. But it was the chicks hatching out of Easter eggs that became the theme for this swap. I highlighted the doily, chicks, eggs and girl's hair with Twinkling H2O's. Click to enlarge the picture and see how it sparkles. I added detail to each layer as I went. The bottom layer is stitched with yarn tied in a bitty bow. The next layer is embellished with tiny buttons. I hadn't put away my paper doilies since I had them out for Valentine's Day crafting. It worked out to be the perfect element to set off the sweet girl image. And lastly I added the wonderful chunky glitter that looks like Easter grass.















The scrapbook paper I used on the tag back is something I've had since I first began scrap booking. I just couldn't believe how it matched the chicks on the front. More Twinkling H2O's here and a repeat of the chicks from the front image added at the bottom to cover the bulk of tying off the yarn. Added my swap info and a blue gingham ribbon to finish it off.















Now onto the Easter goodies. I had the idea that I wanted to make a Spring/Easter potholder since my partner likes to bake. I was undecided about what fabric to use until I spotted a yard of new fabric at the Flea Market for a great price. It had similar colors to the papers used for the tag and it had Easter eggs on it! Now I had a theme. It seemed a shame to me to cut into a yard of fabric just for a potholder or two. I have quite a few apron patterns that only take a yard and you know I love to make aprons, so.....















I hope my partner will post a pic on her blog modeling her apron. The potholder is backed with the apron fabric and I used four colors of gingham for the front.










I found this adorable felt chick basket at Target and filled it up with goodies. I wrapped everything in Easter egg tissue paper I found at K-Mart and mailed it off to Lisa.









And here's the wonderful swap I received from Lisa.




This adorable, glittery pail was a perfect Easter basket. And it was filled to overflowing with so many goodies.


This pink chick inside the music note egg is just the cutest little bit of Easter joy.
For inspiring my paper crafts, Lisa sent cute Spring stickers, itty-bitty alphabet stamps and a stamp pad, and pink flower glitter, so fun!


My boys were quick to get their hands on the chocolate. I had to get the carrot bag of Reese's Pieces from my hubby to take this picture. My son did share a chocolate bunny with me. Yum!














And Lisa crafted this adorable tag for me. The 'Happy Easter' is on shrink plastic and adds great dimension and shine. I love the chick in her Easter bonnet. She hand painted the scalloped border. Just perfect! Lisa topped it off with Spring green cheesecloth. So sweet!





Thank you Lisa @ A Peaceful Place To Be for sending such a lovely Easter swap. And thanks again to Sandy @ 521 Lake Street for hostessing such a fun swap.

8 comments:

Jenny's Heart said...

Y'all did a great job, how sweet and full of Easter goodness!
Love the tags they are great.

Unknown said...

Linda,
I am glad you had such a good time creating! That is what it is all about in the end, right????? Wonderful swap items, thank you for being in my very first swap! :) Sandy

My Vintage Mending said...

Linda, you did such a nice job on all your stuff. Just beautiful. What a great partner! Smiles...Renee

Anonymous said...

It's so fun looking at everyone's goodies! The tag you made looks so "me"! ♥

Angela said...

Everything is so cute! Wasn't it so much fun?

Unknown said...

Linda, the goodies you made were so cute. I just love looking at everyone's. The tag is just precious and your apron is a cute as can be. I know Lisa must love it. It looks like Lisa was very sweet too.

Hugs...Tracy :)

Nan said...

Linda I haven't heard much from you lately. I love that apron you made and all the other sweet things you sent. Also the post below of the wedding, your sewing is wonderful.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your apron is darling!! I recently found a book about aprons... trying to decide if I am brave enough to tackle an apron without an exact pattern, just drawings.