Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year!

 
I chose this adorable image for my New Year's greeting because I plan to be in my jammies before midnight too. Most years my family gets together for dinner but we all head home by about 9PM. It gets earlier every year. The one exception I remember was New Year's Eve 1999. We had food, drinks and games and stayed up at Mom & Dad's until midnight. My son was 3 at the time and he was the only one of the kids that actually stayed awake. We were pretty sure that the world wouldn't crash when we rang in 2000 and we were right. Do you remember all the hype about the computers crashing because they weren't set up to recognize a year that didn't start with 19?    
 
What do you have planned for this New Year's Eve?  
 
If you'd like more New Year's images, check out my latest Pinterest board here
 
Wishing each of you God's blessings in 2014.

6 comments:

Tammy's in Love said...

Happy New Year! Glad to see you're back!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you and yours! I just know that 2014 is going to be a very good year! I am glad to see you here! Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hi, Linda!
No New year's eve plans here but we plan on going to see Frozen on New Years day!

Y2K! Oh yea baby! We had buckets and buckets full of food! :)
Hope to see you around the blogs more! ♥

Shirley Hatfield said...

Nice to see you here, Linda! I have followed your pins all year...you pin the same kind of stuff I love! I hope to be a better blogger this year...a resolution, I guess. I have a lot of family stories I need to work on. I have the idea to make a separate "blog book" binder of my family stories so my grandkids can look at them...maybe make more than one copy. Happy New Year!

Shirley Hatfield said...

I wanted to add a bit about Y2K. One of the families in my church was so afraid of Y2K that they sold their house and moved to a remote cabin in Montana to escape the "apocalypse!" We stayed up all that night just because we were worried about our son who was a missionary in Brazil...but of course, all was fine.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Wishing you a wonderful 2014. That graphic is just adorable. I totally remember Y2K and all the frenzy around it. Time sure has passed quickly.