Monday, January 6, 2014

A Little Bit of Christmas Crafting

I have been spending more time over on swap-bot lately. Swap-bot is jam packed with people who are creative in so many different ways it can be overwhelming. I like it because I can find swaps that inspire me to create and try new craft ideas.
One fun new craft I made is a Mini Book with Pockets. It only takes one sheet of 12"x12" double-sided scrapbook paper. Here's the cover of the one I made.
 
 
I filled the inside pockets with little tags, stickers and other flat goodies and sent it off to my swap partner in Canada. Here's one of the tutorials on YouTube for making these cute books. (Sorry about having to watch the ad first.) Now I wish I had taken more pictures.
 
I have shown some of my Dotee Dolls before. These little needle art dolls are so much fun to create. I hosted this swap for a Christmas Fairy Dotee Doll. Here's my Christmas Holly Fairy.
 
Front
And Back
I also made 2 Christmas Button Fairies. I love that I get to mix buttons, paper, trims, wire and anything else I can find to create these little art dolls. Unfortunately, I only took pictures of one of them. But here's my Santa Fairy sent along with a notecard.
 
 
One last Christmas swap and this pincushion seemed to take me forever to come together. I had seen some similar on Etsy and I had a bag a vintage Christmas mini decorations, the perfect fabric and all the materials but I did struggle to create something I was happy with in the end.
 
 
I hope you liked seeing my Christmas crafts. If you decide to check out swap-bot, please let me know and we could do some one-on-one swaps to get you going. If you happen to already be a swap-bot member, I'd love to meet up with you over there.  

6 comments:

Tammy's in Love said...

The pin cushion is to jump up and down for! It might have been a challenge but I bet if you make another one it will come together quickly! Adorable fabric and garnishes made that a treasure to send off!

Anonymous said...

Oh fun! I've never heard of a button fairy before. :) cute creations! ♥

LBP said...

I love all your crafts! I can't decide which one I like the best, they are all so adorable. I will check out swapbot. I have never heard of it!

Blessings

Linda

Patti said...

I am just lovin the Santa pincushion! That is soooooo cute. It sounds like you are having lots of fun creating!

Linda said...

Lovely!

Unknown said...

It's better that you use the lighter leaves for your Christmas Holly Fairy. The darker makes it less beautiful and attractive.

http://teflstore.com/