Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Backyard Beauties II

The Daylily season is quickly coming to a close in my yard. I wanted to share a few more of the dozens of varieties I have. I love purple and these big blooms are a riot of color.

















The pearly pink of these blooms is so soft and lovely.

















Click on these to enlarge them. Can you see the 'diamond dust' on this one? It actually sparkles in the light. It shades from yellow to peach to pink, all in one blossom.














The other night my son had something banging against his window screen. Hubby and I had already gone to bed but I was awakened so that I didn't miss out on the gigantic moth. Ryan had gone out to the back yard with his butterfly net and captured the creature banging on his window. He needed me to get something to put it in. The moth seemed calm in the large container we put it into. Ryan kept the moth until the next night. My son found that he had a Polyemus Moth and the wing span was approximately 6 inches across. He took a couple of pictures of the moth in the container but they're not great. I brought out the camera when he was ready to release the moth. It stayed calm and crawled right onto Ryan's hand.











Ryan loved the feathery antenna. The body actually looked like it was covered in orange fur. I love this shot. (Doesn't my son have gorgeous eyes?)










And I forgot to add this to my post on the Apron Tags. Just a little embroidery I designed and stitched on a tea towel for our hostess, Cindy. I think I may stitch this design again.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful garden! Lovely eyes behind that butterfly. Adorable as can be stitching! Fun all around! E

Cindy said...

Someday some girl is going to melt when she looks into those eyes!! I know My son has similiar eys..he is always getting compliments on them! lol

That moth is awesome!!

I made a trip to goodwill today ..on my list was a frame for the towel you made me!! I love it!1Thank you again and again!!

Hugs..Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Unknown said...

Lovely flower photos and those gorgeous eyes !

Scrap for Joy said...

I have missed visiting everyone so I'm trying to catch up a bit. I love your aprons on the line stitching and your aprons for the swap were so cute! Your son...he's a real cutie pie!
Happy Tuesday Linda!

Posy Linda said...

Hey Linda Ruthie. Thanks for stopping by PosyLinda. You are the sweetest! I've had a nice romp through your blog. It's been great! I see you love aprons too. Your aprons embroidery is so sweet. I bet the recipient loved it. Look forward to visiting again. Best to all, Linda Sue.....and Posy too!

Celestial Charms said...

Lovely post. Yes, sometimes moths are as beautiful as butterflies. Your embroidery is so pretty. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
Maureen

Patty said...

Really neat pictures, and yeas your son does have gorgeous eyes.

Bits of Stitching! said...

Lovely embroidery design and your stitching is lovely too!